News Quiz 9/19

1. Which Native American tribe received a $55 million grant to help homeowners that are living off of the reservation?
a. Ute
b. Navajo
c. Shoshone
d. Apache

2. Which Utah politician announced their retirement this week?
a. Spencer Cox
b. Mike Lee
c. Mitt Romney
d. John Curtis

3. In which major U.S. city did outrage spark after a video was released showing a police officer making jokes after fatally hitting a 23-year-old woman?
a. Seattle
b. Portland
c. Phoenix
d. San Francisco

4. Which child of a U.S. president was indicted this week?
a. Chelsea Clinton
b. Sasha Obama
c. Hunter Biden
d. Malia Obama

ANSWERS:
1. The answer is B, Navajo. According to KSL, the federal grant gives Navajo tribe members living off the reservation help with homeowner expenses.

2. The answer is C, Mitt Romney. According to The New York Times, U.S. Senator Mitt Romney announced on Sept. 13 that he will not be running for reelection in 2024 in order for politicians from the next generation to get their opportunity.

3. The answer is A, Seattle. According to NPR, the city of Seattle’s Police Department is under fire after a police officer fatally hit a 23-year-old woman who was walking through a crosswalk. The police officer was driving almost 50 miles over the speed limit and then joked about her death right after the accident.

4. The answer is C, Hunter Biden. According to CNN, the U.S. Justice Department indicted Hunter Biden over gun charges based on an incident that occurred in 2018. This is the first time in history that the Department of Justice has indicted the child of a sitting U.S. President.