News Quiz 02/27

Tom Fox/Tribunews Service
A total solar eclipse will trace a path through North America in 2024, and sky gazers can watch from Southwest Airlines flights.

Questions

1. What is the title of Kevin Costner’s new movie series that was filmed in Utah?
a. Dust and Desprets
b. Blood Moon Canyon
c. Horizon: An American Saga
d. Shadows of Sage

2. When is the total solar eclipse passing North America?
a. March 30
b. April 8
c. May 1
d. June 10

3. True or False: The Alabama Supreme Court recently decided that frozen embryos can be considered children.
a. True
b. False

4. What stopped traffic on an I-15 exit in Weber County on Feb. 26?
a. A family of deer crossed the road
b. All four tires of a car popped
c. A truck spilled oil and fuel
d. A driver driving the wrong way

Answers

1. The answer is C, Horizon: An American Saga. According to The Salt Lake Tribune, the new film series featuring Kevin Costner and Luke Wilson will premiere in theaters on June 28. The series was filmed in Utah on a 52-day schedule with “some 500 local cast and crew.”

2. The answer is B, April 8. According to NBCNews, the total solar eclipse will be visible for much of the U. S. While the path does not cover Utah, a partial solar eclipse will be visible.

3. The answer is A, True. According to AP News the Alabama Supreme Court ruled that frozen embryos, created in the process of In vitro fertilization can be considered children. Justice Jay Mitchell said, “Unborn children are ‘children’ … without exception based on developmental stage, physical location, or any other ancillary characteristics.”

4. The answer is C, A truck spilled oil and fuel. According to KSL a truck transporting oil and fuel, considered hazardous materials, was not properly capped. The spilled oil made the off-ramp slick and dangerous. The clean-up of the hazmat situation was overseen by the Utah Department of Health and Human Services.