Harry Potter quotes relatable to college life

Like most people, I have a plethora of interests that people can associate with me. However, I am most well known for my love of Harry Potter. And yes, by love, I actually mean bordering-on-unhealthy-obsession with Harry Potter.

So naturally, I have the ability to relate Harry Potter to almost every situation in life, even college. Here are a few quotes from the Harry Potter series that relate to the college experience.

KN-TEENS-SAYWHAT-3-MCT

For when your professor gives an extra assignment at the end of class:

“I’m dying!” Malfoy yelled, as the class panicked. “I’m dying, look at me! It’s killed me!” — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”

When you feel discouraged about the path to your degree and future career:

“Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now, students. If they can do it, why not us?” — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

During group projects:

“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”

When all your friends are old enough to drink but you aren’t:

“Why can’t I drink the potion instead?” asked Harry desperately. “Because I am much older, much cleverer, and much less valuable,” said Dumbledore. — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”

When your teacher unexpectedly offers extra credit:

“Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.” — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”

TRAVEL UST-UNIVERSALSTUDIOS-HARRYPOTTER 3 LA

When you finally graduate:

“All was well.” — J.K. Rowling from “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban”

Enjoy all the ups and downs that college brings, and remember that inspiration can come from a variety of sources, including books about wizards and witches.

View Comments (1)