Football beats Idaho State 33–21

Wildcats roll to dominating win at Idaho State.

Weber State football bounced back from a recent loss streak, securing a vital 33–21 victory against Idaho State University on Nov. 4.

The game’s first quarter remained scoreless, but the Wildcats seized control in the second quarter. Weber State orchestrated an 11-play, 80-yard drive, culminating in a 23-yard touchdown pass from freshman quarterback Richie Munoz to freshman wide receiver Jaden Thrower.

Before halftime, Munoz connected with Jacob Sharp for a 19-yard touchdown and then delivered a 26-yard touchdown pass to Hayden Meacham. Weber State went into halftime with a 21–0 lead over Idaho State.

Idaho State came alive in the second half, breaking the silence with a 20-yard rushing touchdown from Hunter Hays, following a six-play, 85-yard drive. Then, on the ensuing Weber possession, the Wildcats missed a 35-yard field goal attempt by Kyle Thompson.

Weber State’s defense proved formidable as they forced a fumble on Idaho State’s next drive, leading to a 35-yard fumble return by Wildcat linebacker Garrett Beck. Idaho State managed to respond with a 35-yard touchdown pass, but the extra point attempt went wide. Weber State’s defense struck again when linebacker Jack Kelly tackled Idaho State quarterback Jordan Cooke in the end zone, securing 2 more points for the Wildcats.

In the closing moment, Idaho State rallied with a 37-yard touchdown pass from Cooke. They completed a 2-point conversion, but it was not enough to alter the outcome, with Weber State emerging victorious at 33–21.

Munoz, the player of the game, amassed a total of 222 passing yards, throwing three touchdown passes, although he did have one interception. Munoz completed 26 of 41 passes against Idaho State.

Weber State occupies the No. 10 position in the Big Sky Conference, with a conference record of 2–4.

The Wildcats are set to face off against the University of Idaho on Nov. 11 for their last home game of the season.