A legacy of excellence: WSU’s graduating football players

Weber State University Offensive Line, Ethan Atagi #66, has been a part of the WSU football team since he began as a freshman and has earned All-Big Sky honors.

As the curtain falls on their collegiate football careers, Weber State University’s graduating players leave behind a legacy of dedication, skill and triumph. Among these accomplished athletes are Hayden Meacham, Marque Collins, Maxwell Anderson, Winston Reid, Kris Jackson, Noah Atagi and Ethan Atagi — each contributing to the Wildcats’ success in their unique ways.

Hayden Meacham: The Resilient Tight End
Hailing from Layton, Hayden Meacham has been a faithful presence as a senior tight end for the Wildcats. Over his four-year career, Meacham played in 44 games, amassing 40 receptions for 382 yards and nine touchdowns. His standout performance in the 2022 season, with 17 receptions for 191 yards and four touchdowns, was instrumental in securing Weber State’s 10-win season and a berth in the FCS Playoffs. A key player both in regular-season victories and playoff triumphs, Meacham’s contributions extend beyond statistics, embodying the spirit of Wildcat football.

Marque Collins: The Dynamic Cornerback
Hailing from Sacramento, California, senior cornerback Marque Collins has played a pivotal role in Weber State’s defensive prowess. With 43 career games under his belt, Collins boasts 98 tackles, 18 pass breakups, five interceptions and 4.5 tackles for loss. Despite battling injuries in the 2022 season, Collins showcased his resilience and skill, earning him honorable mention All-Big Sky honors.

Maxwell Anderson: The All-American Cornerback
Maxwell Anderson, a senior cornerback from Hayward, California, epitomizes excellence in the defensive backfield. In the 2022 season, Anderson earned All-American honors, leading the Big Sky with 16 passes defended and five interceptions. With a career total of 29 pass breakups and seven interceptions, Anderson’s agility and strategic prowess have been crucial to Weber State’s defensive success. His accolades as an All-American and first-team All-Big Sky honoree underscore his impact on the Wildcats’ formidable defense.

Winston Reid: The Versatile Linebacker
Senior linebacker Winston Reid, a defensive force hailing from St. George, has left an indelible mark on Weber State’s football program. In the 2022 season, Reid garnered All-American and first-team All-Big Sky honors, finishing sixth in the Big Sky with 112 tackles and 12.5 tackles for loss. His five forced fumbles showcased his ability to disrupt opponents’ strategies, earning him the title of Big Sky Defensive Preseason MVP for 2023. Reid’s leadership and on-field prowess have been instrumental in the Wildcats’ consistent success.

Kris Jackson: The Prolific Running Back
Kris Jackson, a senior running back from Mesa, Arizona, has been a consistent offensive threat for the Wildcats. With 796 career rushing yards and 21 touchdowns, Jackson’s contributions extend beyond mere statistics. In the 2022 season, he played a crucial role in Weber State’s 10-win campaign, showcasing his versatility with four touchdowns. Jackson’s ability to navigate opposing defenses and find the end zone has been integral to the Wildcats’ offensive strategies.

Noah and Ethan Atagi: The Dynamic Offensive Linemen
The Atagi brothers, seniors Noah and Ethan, hailing from South Ogden, have been linchpins of Weber State’s offensive line. Noah Atagi earned All-America honors in 2022, while Ethan Atagi secured All-Big Sky honors. Their synergy on the offensive line has been a driving force behind the Wildcats’ success. Both Noah and Ethan Atagi’s commitment to excellence, on and off the field, reflects the true spirit of Wildcat football.

As these graduating players take their final bows in a Weber State uniform, they leave behind a rich tapestry of achievements, memories and a standard of excellence for future Wildcats to emulate. Their journeys have not only shaped the trajectory of Weber State football but have also become an integral part of the university’s athletic legacy.