5 bad habits of college students

Photo Illustration by Michelle Nelson
Photo Illustration by Michelle Nelson

Bad habits are hard to break, and it’s easy to create bad habits in college. Here’s a list of college students’ top five bad habits:

Staying up way too late!

How many of us have looked at the clock and realized it’s 4 a.m. and we have an early class at 8:30? I know I have.

This is an easy habit to get into, especially when students no longer live with their parents and have free reign over most everything they do.

Eating too much junk food!

Looking back on the day, I have often realize that the only thing I have eaten is a few chocolate bars. Many college students don’t know how to cook or don’t have the time to cook, so they resort to junk food.

Students can remedy this by taking a few minutes out of their busy schedules to make a healthy sandwich or salad, instead of going to McDonald’s or Wendy’s.

Procrastinating!

It’s not like students haven’t been procrastinating since high school, but as we get older with jobs, families and extra-curricular activities, procrastinating has become much easier.

A remedy for this bad habit is a tight schedule and a routine that works around a student’s busy schedule.

No longer getting ready for class!

High school often felt like a fashion show. If you didn’t wear the right outfit you wouldn’t be cool. However, that no longer matters in college.

Half the time it’s all about how fast can you roll out of bed and make it to class. At least for me, since I live in the dorms, it’s very easy to roll out of bed at 8:15 a.m. for my 8:30 class and not get ready.

Drinking an excessive amount of coffee and energy drinks!

Falling asleep in that first class, maybe even second? Well, what’s an easy solution? I bet most of you just thought of coffee or energy drinks. This can become a very unhealthy and, not to mention, expensive solution.

Students can cut down on the urge to drink so many cups of coffee in the morning by simply making sure they go to bed at a reasonable time. You will wake up refreshed, ready for the day and without the need for 10 cups of coffee.