Five crazy headlines

Five Crazy HeadlinesFrom broken legs to butterflies, here’s this week’s crazy headlines!

1. Costco employee breaks customer’s leg for not showing his receipt

Even the local mafia was shocked.

Presenting your receipt after shopping is routine for Costco customers. When Oregon customer Timothy Walls refused to show his receipt after shopping at his local Costco, a fight ensued. A second worker joined in, fracturing Walls’ leg in multiple places.

Walls is suing the company for lost wages and medical expenses.

Source: SourceFed

1. Butterfly swarm seen winging its way on weather radar

A butterfly swarm migrating south across Missouri and Illinois for the winter was spotted last week on weather radar.

The National Weather Service identified the blue blobs on radar as a migrating swarm. Scientists are now tracking many animal migrations using weather radar.

The weather service wished the butterflies good luck on their journey.

Source: Lansing State Journal

1. Man who raised $55K is throwing potato salad party

It started out as a joke.

Zack Brown was only seeking $10 from crowdfunding website Kickstarter in order to make his first potato salad. After the funding period ended, he had raised over $55,000 from thousands of backers.

Brown is throwing a party commemorating his success, which will feature bands, food vendors and, of course, potato salad. He is also donating some of the money to charity.

Source: KATC Louisiana

1. Jasmine Tridevil gets third boob ‘Because I don’t want to date anymore’

A Florida woman made headlines by supposedly getting a third breast surgically implanted in her chest. Why? To look less attractive.

Jasmine Tridevil pitched a reality TV show to MTV shortly after her operation. This story would be crazy enough as is, but it doesn’t end there.

According to Daily News, there is reason to believe Tridevil faked her operation. Evidence from Tampa International Airport showed she had carried “a three breast prosthesis” in her luggage.

Real or fake, Tridevil’s story makes for crazy headlines.

Sources: Huffington Post and Daily News

1. Alaska legalized weed 39 years ago. Wait, what?

In the 1975 Alaska Supreme Court case “Ravin v. State,” the court ruled it was constitutional for residents to have up to four ounces of marijuana and cultivate up to 25 marijuana plants.

The ruling has been consistently upheld in the 39 years since, though residents still risk prosecution at the federal level.

That’s right. Alaska legalized weed before it was cool.

Source: Washington Post