The Study Spots of Weber (Photo Enterprise)

9-3 Study Places (Kelly Watkins) (4 of 20).JPG
Students can study outside among the trees outside the third floor of the Union building. (Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)

A crucial cornerstone to college life is studying.

Fortunately, Weber can provide a variety of different environments to study in. Whether you like to study in silence or surrounded by noise, there is most likely a place that will fit your preferences.

One of the most popular study places on campus is Stewart Library. The library offers group study areas on the first floor, and a quiet area designed for more personal studying on the third floor. Sophomore Bailey Stetson prefers the latter option.

“I like the third floor because it offers private study desks that keep me focused, in addition to the quiet environment.” said Stetson.

Another place that seems to be popular amongst students is Tracy Hall. The building offers many different tables and desks on each floor and a sunlit study area that is relatively quiet.

“I like the second floor of Tracy Hall best for studying, because the building is a modern environment, close to most of my classes,” says junior Matthew Miner.

Among Weber states study hotspots, students also have places they don’t like to study. Junior Becca Madsen, who spends most of her time in class, doesn’t like studying in Elizabeth Hall.

“Elizabeth Hall is the worst because it doesn’t have a lot of places to sit down and study. It lacks desks, which makes studying for me a little more difficult,” says Madsen.

Weber also allows many different scenic outdoor places to study, as long as weather allows.

Some other places that are popular for studying are Shepherd Union, Student Services, and within the student housing.

9-3 Study Places (Kelly Watkins) (16 of 20).JPG
The second floor of Tracy Hall offers a study commons that students are able to utilize. (Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)
9-3 Study Places (Kelly Watkins) (8 of 20).JPG
Student Services offers a quiet environment to study. (Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)
9-3 Study Places (Kelly Watkins) (10 of 20).JPG
The first floor of Elizabeth Hall holds rows of chairs where people can sit and study while waiting for classes. (Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)
9-3 Study Places (Kelly Watkins) (13 of 20).JPG
The third floor of Stewart Library has desks that offer privacy, in addition to the quiet area. (Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)