WSU's annual gear swap rocks campus

10-10 WSU Outdoor Program Swap and Sale (Ariana Berkemeier)  (4 of 5)
Students relax inside a raft during Friday’s gear swap and sale. The rafts and kayaks featured here were only a few being sold at the sale. (Ariana Berkemeier / The Signpost)
10-10 WSU Outdoor Program Swap and Sale (Ariana Berkemeier)  (2 of 5)
Students browse for incredible deals on winter clothing and equipment. The swap featured a large range of outdoor equipment, from skis to sleeping bags. (Ariana Berkemeier / The Signpost)
10-10 WSU Outdoor Program Swap and Sale (Ariana Berkemeier)  (3 of 5)
The Weber State Outdoor Program is located on Annex 9 on the south side of campus across the street from the tennis courts. (Ariana Berkemeier / The Signpost)
10-10 WSU Outdoor Program Swap and Sale (Ariana Berkemeier)  (5 of 5)
Students exploring the Outdoor Program’s sale. Friday’s sale stretched from the Lower Bell Plaza all the way down the hill. (Ariana Berkemeier / The Signpost)
10-10 WSU Outdoor Program Swap and Sale (Ariana Berkemeier)  (1 of 5)
Vendors from the surrounding area sold a variety of equipment for all seasons to students and public. (Ariana Berkemeier / The Signpost)

Students swarmed campus on Friday, Oct. 10 for the kick off of the Outdoor Program’s 11th annual gear swap and sale. This year’s sale drew the attention of those walking past in between classes to purchase new and used equipment.

Vendors at the sale included: Black Diamond, Snowbasin, Alpine Sports, Gear 30 and many more.  Some of the items seen at the sale included skis, snowboards, snow shoes, ski boots, snowboard boots, kayaks, canoes, paddles, life jackets, tents, sleeping bags and more. Students were encouraged to swap and shop all their equipment for incredible discounted prices.

Whitney Nixon, a freshman at Weber State, said,” I got a great deal on a sleeping bag which would’ve cost me twice as much at a store.”  

This year’s swap and sale attracted many local vendors. The swap was also a great way to inspire students to get outside and see all that is happening outdoors in Ogden. If you missed out on the last swap the Outdoor Program’s rental center can provide you with a variety of outdoor equipment for all seasons. The Outdoor Program’s hours are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Also, be sure to check out the challenge course, climbing wall and sign up for the next adventure trip at the Bloomington Canyon Yurt on Nov. 3. 

If you want to check out more ski swaps in the area, The Summit Hotel is hosting a Ski and Swap on Oct. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Snowbasin is hosting a Swap and Shop at the Legacy Events Center on Oct. 31 from 6-10p.m., Nov. 1 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is $5 on Friday, $2 on Saturday and is free on Sunday. Children 12 and under get in for free.

The 42nd Annual Park City Ski and Snowboard Swap is Nov. 7  from 8 p.m.  to 1 a.m., Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Nov. 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is $10 admission on Friday, $5 on Saturday and $2 on Sunday. Children 12 and under get in for free.