WSU alumni success: Michelle Knight

Weber State University students, faculty, families and community members gather to celebrate the new graduates from the Dumke College of Health Professions at the Dee Events Center on December 16, 2022.

Weber State University’s alumni are leaving an everlasting mark on multiple industries, showcasing the institution’s commitment to cultivate success beyond the classroom.

Michelle Knight, a graduate of Weber State’s Master of Business Administration program, emerged as creator of the SafeUT app, founding a startup that has rapidly gained recognition for its groundbreaking work. Her journey from the classrooms of WSU to the cutting-edge of technology exemplifies the university’s role in nurturing an entrepreneurial spirit.

“During my tenure at Weber State, I acquired a solid foundation in policy-making, administration, and budgeting, which proved instrumental in my role in developing and disseminating the SafeUT app,” Knight said.

Various programs are available to help distinguish what students are most interested in and help hone the ability to master those skills. These skills help graduates in reaching their career goals.

“As part of the Health Administration program, where I served as the Vice President of the Future Health Leaders Association and worked as an Administrative Intern at Genesis Healthcare, I honed crucial skills in budgeting, networking, organization, administration, and data collection. These skills played a pivotal role in the statewide implementation of SafeUT,” Knight said.

The success stories of Weber State alumni show the institution’s dedication to providing a well-rounded education that gives graduates the skills and mindset needed to thrive in the working world. The ongoing achievements of former students not only elevate the university’s reputation but also serve as a beacon for current students, this could be thanks to the programs the institute offers. During her time in classes, Knight had many opportunities to expand on many different types of practices.

“During my time at Weber State, I had the privilege of participating in the Health Admin program’s international trip to China,” Knight said. “This experience exposed me to diverse medical practices, cultural exchanges, and memorable moments, such as participating in a beautiful dance at a school event.”

Not only did Knight attend various programs to help extend her knowledge but also delved into involvement with school activities and groups. This has also benefited alumni members by learning about diverse groups and networking opportunities.

“I highly recommend active involvement in school activities while at Weber. The diverse range of clubs and organizations offers valuable opportunities for networking and unique experiences,” Knight said. “Personally, participating in various clubs helped me develop skills and break out of my comfort zone.”

While at Weber, Knight broadened her learning of medical practices to foster closer relationships with her professors, which have evolved into life-lasting friendships.

“These connections have evolved into lasting professional friendships, contributing significantly to my growth as a leader in my field,” Knight said.

Weber State University continues to be a source of pride for its alumni, who carry the values imprinted on them during their education and brought into the real world, shaping a future that reflects the university’s commitment to excellence and positive change.