Campus Cafés

Different kinds of Daily Rise Coffee can also be found inside of Art Elements.

Coffee and breakfast — two things that fuel college students during their time at university. Oftentimes, universities have coffee shops on campus, enabling students to satisfy their caffeine needs between classes.

There are four different locations at Weber State University for students to get food and coffee, each with its own charm: the 626 Marketplace, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Art Elements and Starbucks.

The 626 Marketplace is located on the second floor of the Shepherd Union Building. It is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and to 3 p.m. on Fridays, and is busiest during lunchtime. They have all the staples of a gas station, from Pringles to Cup of Noodles. They also have mini breakfast packs and a coffee machine or premade Starbucks lattes and energy drinks.

Einstein Bros. Bagels is also located on the second floor of the Shepherd Union. It is open 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and to 2 p.m. on Fridays, and is busiest in the morning and around lunchtime. They have everything that you can get at a regular off-campus Einstein Bros. Bagels, like breakfast sandwiches, bagels, muffins and specialty coffee drinks.

You can find a Starbucks on the first floor of the Tracy Hall Science Center. It is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and to 3 p.m. on Friday. Mornings aren’t too busy, but as soon as morning classes get out at around 10 or 11 a.m., students will find the line growing quickly, so get there early if you want to skip those lines.

The hidden gem of campus snacking is Art Elements, located on the first floor of the Kimball Arts Building. It is open 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Not only can art students get their class supplies here, they can also find a good place to get coffee as well. They provide cheaper prices than their on campus competitors.

“The energy is something I love a lot about this place,” Kacie Karimoto, a student worker at Art Elements, said.

Art Elements is usually the busiest in the mornings around 9:30 a.m. and then stays steady throughout the day. As for popular drinks students like to order, the white mocha latte with brown sugar cinnamon and butter rum is currently the most popular.

“It just feels like I’m hanging out for a few hours in the morning, and I love the customers — getting to know them, and knowing their favorite drinks to order. It’s fun,” Emerson Ipsen, a student worker at the art store, said.