Dining with Wildcats

Marketplace 626 is filled with well known “gas station food.” (Kennedy Camarena/ The Signpost)

Feeling hungry? Worry not, there is a large variety of dining options available on Weber State University’s campus. For instance, The Den is located in the Shepard Union and offers many entrée choices and will feature more healthy options than before.

“There will be lots of grains and greens that are healthy,” Jason Sample, WSU’s director of catering, said. “We’re gearing towards more mindful, healthy options.”

Sample also said the salad bar in The Den will be larger than in past years.

The Wildcat Room is another dining experience and is open for dinner Monday through Friday, and open for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s located in the Shepherd Union and students can use meal plan swipes to pay.

Meal plans will also cover purchases at Einstein Bros. Bagels, Starbucks, Waldo’s Cheesie Grill, 626 Marketplace, Tres Habeneros and Union Sushi, all located in the Shepard Union, except Starbucks, which is in the Tracy Hall Science Center.

Meal plans can be purchased directly through the university. Weber Complete is the largest of the meal plans, providing students with 19 meals per week and $175 loaded onto their ID per semester. Other meal plans offer varying amounts of swipes and money loaded onto student ID cards.

For students who don’t purchase meal plans, dining dollars may be purchased to redeem at campus dining locations.

“For every $25 spent for those dollars loaded onto their Wildcat ID, they get an extra 10%,” Sample said.

The Den is open seven days a week. Brunch is between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., and dinner is served between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.

The 626 Marketplace, which is also located in the Shepherd Union building, is open every day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Starbucks is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, closed Saturday and Sunday. Tres Habeneros is open Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Waldo’s Cheesie Grill is open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is from 8:30 a.m. to10:00 a.m., and lunch is from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Wildcat Room is open weekdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Union Sushi’s hours are 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. weekdays. Einstein Bros. Bagels is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. It’s A Wrap is open weeknights from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Whether it’s sandwiches, sushi or a full dinner experience, WSU’s dining services have it covered with options available and flexibility for students’ schedules.