A-peeling Apple deals from WSU bookstore

Sept. 5 is the last day students can receive a free pair of Beats 2 Solo Wireless headphones with the purchase of a Macbook or a set of the Powerbeats 2 Wireless earbuds with the purchase of an iPad Pro, according to Apple.

The Apple Summer Beats promotion has been going on all summer and has saved students the equivalent of $300 on a Macbook or $200 on an iPad Pro.

It sounds like a good deal, but laptops are expensive, and campus bookstores have a bad reputation for hiking up prices. However, reputation doesn’t always equal reality.

In actuality, Apple offers a student price that is only available in the bookstore for those with a W number. Bookstore tech worker Hannah VanderHoven said buying Apple tech, such as iPads or MacBooks, at the bookstore can be more cost effective for students.

10-23 bookstore lichelle jenkins-3979.jpg
The Weber State Bookstore is ending their beats promotion on September fifth. (The Signpost/Lichelle Jenkins)

Add the free Beats into the equation, and students can save well over $400 on a laptop.

According to Scott Rhead, WSU bookstore employee, this is the only promotion he knows of at the moment. Apple is unveiling their new products on Sept. 7, so Rhead said that the bookstore will be keeping an eye out for new deals.

With more and more classes requiring online course work, having an up-to-date, light laptop is becoming more of a necessity than a luxury for students, and the bookstore has just the thing.

10-23 bookstore lichelle jenkins-3980.jpg
The Weber State Bookstore is well stocked with technology to get students through school. (The Signpost/Lichelle Jenkins)

According to both VanderHoeven and Rhead, a Macbook is the best way to go for students. Rhead said that the 13-inch, 128-GB Air or Pro is the most popular choice and those are what he would recommend. VanderHoeven recommends the Macbook Air, remarking that the high processing speed and light weight make it ideal for students who have to bring a computer with them around campus.

With this deal, studying becomes easier, thanks to the addition of the noise canceling headphones. The deal ends Sept. 5, so students should head to the bookstore this weekend to pick up this grade-winning duo.