Lavender Vinyl takes on 25th street

lavendervinyl1.jpg
Blake Lundell and Kylee Hallows to open record store Lavender Vinyl on Ogden's Historic 25th Street. (Jeweliette Cordero / The Signpost)

Have you ever been so happy about something that it doesn’t feel real, almost as if you’re dreaming? One Ogden local and Weber State alumna, Kylee Hallows, knows exactly what that feels like. She’s made her dream come true by opening a record store, Lavender Vinyl, on historic 25th street.

It’s been one of her long time dreams to be a part of the music industry, and now it’s finally a reality. Her and her partner, Blake Lundell, both have worked at record stores for the past 10 years or so now and agreed it was something they loved so much that they wanted to open a store of their own.

“It’s something we have been talking about pretty heavily for the past two years and now … it’s real,” Kylee Hallows said.

“It’s definitely a dream come true,” Lundell added

Hallows and Lundel were able to make their dreams come true, and each had their own bit of advice about what you can do to make yours come true as well.

Lundel kept his advice simple: “Just go for it, really, keep moving,” he said.

Hallows agreed with Lundel but added more advice for those who hope for their dreams to become a reality.

“You don’t always know what you’re doing, but somehow you keep on asking and one thing leads to another, and it happens. You can’t let the obstacles get in the way. That has been the truest thing for us. We even had a goal to set an opening date for us a year ago, and now we are only one month away! It’s exciting!”

Concerning obstacles, Hallows added that Lavender Vinyl’s were “mostly time constraints and finding space, all the things that you need have to fall in the right place at the right time. If one thing hangs you up, it pushes the whole process back. But now we’ve found our space, and it’s really our dream space.”

Hallows finished off talking about how once everything did fall in place, it still felt dreamy and unreal. Her dreams were recognized and achieved because she didn’t give up, no matter what obstacles were placed in the way.

“I feel like the location on 25th is part of what’s contributing to it feeling so unreal. It’s the fact that it’s in the perfect location and perfect time to open, which is great because, for a moment, we almost gave up on trying to open a store on 25th Street. We had looked at so many spaces and were turned down by quite a bit of people. This location just kind of fell into our laps, and it was perfect! I know I keep saying it’s a miracle, but it’s like it was fate that we got this space.”

Lavender Vinyl opens on July 2 of this year at 9 a.m at 123 25th Street. They will be opening their doors in conjunction with the farmer’s market and will be featuring free coffee and food. “We want to be the place for local music. We would like to get to know our community and our doors are open to everyone,” Hallows said