Stay a Wildcat through graduate programs

Students in the new Master of Social Work program at Weber State University. Oct. 29, 2021.

Spring semester is coming to an end, which means many Wildcats will be leaving Weber State University to pursue and achieve their professional dreams, but who says their time at the University has to end here? WSU boasts some of the best graduate programs in Utah — from Nursing to Business Administration to Computer Science.

Georgetown’s Center on Education & the Workforce declared Weber State University’s undergraduate and graduate programs as the best return on investment in Utah higher education.

One of Weber’s most popular advanced degrees, the Master of Science in Nursing. Fortune named it one of the best online master’s nursing programs of 2022. This program offers two leadership role specialties: Nurse Educator and Nurse Leadership and Management. These skills and certifications set students apart from the crowd in the competitive field of nursing.

“Graduate students will experience diverse and evidence-based learning opportunities from highly qualified graduate faculty, culminating in a community-based residency experience in nursing clinical, academia, or administrative leadership,” the WSU website states.

This program is completely online, allowing WSU students to achieve their highest peaks without missing out on gaining work experience.

Anne Kendrick, assistant professor at the Annie Taylor Dee School of Nursing and director of the Master of Science in Nursing Program, called attention to the growth and community impact Weber State students are able to have after earning their advanced degrees.

“It’s great to be able to see people continue to grow and develop in their profession and make such an impact in the community,” Kendrick said.

WSU’s MSN program is a pathway for these hard-working students to achieve career advancement and potential increases in pay in the competitive industry of nursing.

“It will definitely open doors, it will give them opportunities to progress within organizations, which will definitely increase pay,” Kendrick said.

A boost in education is only one benefit of having a master’s degree. According to CNBC, having a master’s degree could increase starting salaries by 44% in the field of nursing, 32% in computer science, 51% in the field of business administration and 37% in the field of social work.