Skiers back on the slopes after Nordic Valley fire

A snowboarder going down the mountain trail at a ski and snowboarding resort.

Nordic Valley Ski Resort temporarily closed its doors due to a fire on Jan. 15. The fire started around 1:50 a.m. in the main lodge. The cause of the fire remains unknown and no injuries were reported. However, it damaged the ticket office, retail store, restaurant and business offices.

Nordic Valley was quick to email season pass holders that they would be closed until the power and other systems were running again.

“We are evaluating the situation day by day and will keep you updated as soon as we get more information. Please stay tuned to our social media and our websites for these updates,” the email sent to pass holders said.

On Jan. 17, Nordic Valley operations sent another email notifying pass holders that the resort would be open to them the morning of Jan. 18 and closed for the night.

“We are still in the process of rebuilding and recovering and, as a result, we will have limited amenities. Operational hours will be 10 a.m.-4 p.m.,” Nordic Valley operations said.

Nordic Valley Ski Resort partially reopened to the public on Jan. 20. The resort requires guests to pre-purchase their lift tickets as onsite tickets are unavailable.

“Our team has worked tirelessly the last couple of days to make this possible. We also want to take this time to thank you all for the outpouring of love and support you’ve sent our way, it has not gone unnoticed,” Nordic Valley said.