Police Blotter 10/31

MGN
Red and blue police lights on top of a police patrol car.

Lost and found
On Oct. 16 just before 2 p.m. the Weber State University Police Department responded to a call after a bullet was found in Lampros Hall. The bullet was later identified as a live .45 cal hollow point ammunition round. WSU safely disposed of it.

Security camera quality prevented identification of the owner.

Possession of the live round was swiftly taken by WSUPD who saw to it that the bullet was adequately and safely disposed of.

Trespasser found behind Alumni Building
Just before noon on Oct. 19, WSUPD officers on patrol found a trespassing individual drinking alcohol behind the Alumni Building. Upon speaking with the individual and running his ID, the officers discovered that the suspect had nine active warrants for his arrest.

The officers took the suspect into custody and he was booked into Weber County Jail for the charges associated with his warrants.

Returning to the scene, officers reportedly cleaned up a dozenTwisted Tea cans, leading them to suspect that the individual would frequent that spot as a place to drink his alcohol.

Another instance of vandalism
A WSUPD officer was dispatched to the Stromberg Complex on the afternoon of Oct. 23 to investigate a report of vandalism. The responding officer located the graffiti in a bathroom.

The graffiti consisted of homophobic slurs written on the tile and defacing an informational poster on reporting sexual assault and harassment.

WSUPD documented the situation and the custodial staff cleaned the vandalism. Though a suspect has not yet been identified, WSUPD is reviewing security camera footage.