Police Blotter 9/26

MGN
A photo of police lights on top of a police patrol car.

Mystery marijuana
At around 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 11, the Weber State University Police Department was dispatched to Stewart Wasatch Hall in Wildcat Village to investigate a report made about an odor of marijuana emanating from one of the dorms.

The responding WSUPD officer immediately recognized the dorm as being one that had been the subject of similar complaints.

Though the responding officer did detect the odor in the common area outside the laundry room on the first floor, the smell dissipated as the officer tracked the scent back to the room.

According to WSUPD, the occupants are compliant in searches. However, each time a search is conducted, no evidence of drug use is ever found.

Out of Bounds
On Sept. 12, just after 6 p.m., WSUPD was dispatched to the tennis courts for a disturbance complaint. The complainant reported that there had been a disagreement over a tennis match that was coming to a boil.

Upon the responding officer’s arrival, he found both individuals involved in the dispute sitting at opposite ends of the tennis court.

The complainant explained that the pick-up tennis tournament had gone sour after one of the players became upset over a call that was made and started waving his racket around in a manner that frightened the other players.

The complainant also explained to the officer that the two players involved hadn’t touched each other and had remained on opposite sides of the net.

When the officer spoke to the player who was upset by the call, the player described himself as competitive and contended that the other player had been cheating. Nonetheless, the player offered to apologize to his opponent, who opted to leave the tennis court.

One bad day…
WSUPD arrived at Lindquist Hall on the morning of Sept. 13 to investigate reports of a rock being thrown through one of the building’s ground-level windows.

Surveillance footage revealed that an individual was trying to gain entry to the building, eventually succeeding by smashing a window with a rock and climbing through the broken window. Once inside, the suspect wandered around for 10 minutes, leaving behind blood from a cut he’d sustained from climbing through the broken window.

WSUPD was able to positively identify the suspect and spoke to their roommates, who said that the individual was having a bad day and had gone out for a walk before smashing the window at Lindquist Hall.

WSUPD has since sent the info to the Weber County Attorney’s office, where a warrant for the suspect is being created.