Places to eat around ogden

Marianna Lopez Luritta
A plate of spaghetti ordered at Brio Italian Grille.

After living in Ogden for almost 3 years as a college student, I understood the difficulty of balancing classes and the food budget. Many times when it comes to eating out, it’s hard to choose an option that fits within our budget and is also delicious.

Ogden offers versatility for every palate. From global flavors to classic cravings as well as quick alternatives for a snack between classes or a fun dinner with friends.

As a first-time foodie, and someone who loves discovering fun places to eat, here are the best places to eat out without emptying your wallet.

Great Harvest Bread Company has become one of my favorite places. Located at 272 25th St. in downtown Ogden. The cozy atmosphere is perfect for coming with friends, between classes or for relaxing after class.

When it comes to food, Great Harvest has a menu that satisfies every student’s craving. Their sandwiches are lifesavers between classes. My favorite is the BLT, which I order toasted and add avocado to. What makes it special is that everything is fresh and locally sourced, which is a big thumbs up for supporting local businesses. It has affordable prices, so you can satisfy a craving without feeling guilty.

When I want to satisfy my cravings for pizza but also keep it on a budget, Lucky Slice Pizza in downtown Ogden is great at combining the two.

Their menu is endless, from classic pepperoni to specialty pies. My favorite is the DUB All Star because I love pesto on my pizza. The crispy and thin crust is the best part, and the toppings are always fresh and generous.

If you are looking for a more intimate vibe, with good food and amazing prices in the heart of 25th Street, La Ferrovia is an amazing choice.

La Ferrovia has a cozy and romantic ambiance perfect for a date or a nice dinner without killing your wallet. Italian is always a winning option for me, so adding this place to the list is a must.

The menu has a great selection of classic Italian dishes that are well done, healthy and offered to a great price. You can find all your favorite Italian food including vegetarian options for those who don’t eat meat.

My personal favorite is the chicken parmesan and the lasagna, full of amazing flavors with generous portions that leave you satisfied after a long day of class. The servers are welcoming and nice, which makes the experience even more enjoyable. You can find La Ferrovia at 234 25th St.

On a busy day when you crave delicious food at a convenient location, Don Carlos Street Tacos is the best option. Only six minutes away from campus, Don Carlos can be found at 3511 Harrison Blvd.

Whether it’s a quick lunch between lectures or a late-night craving, Don Carlos is always there to deliver amazing and local Mexican food that is friendly to a college budget.

Personally, I can’t get enough of their carne asada tacos and horchata water. The tender and fresh tacos prepared to order, paired with fresh toppings and the perfect sprinkle of cilantro and onions, makes every bite a burst of flavor. Let’s not forget the great salsa bar that allows you to customize the tacos to the taste of each customer.

Ogden has proven to be a foodie’s paradise, paired with great prices that accommodate college student budgets. Whether it’s the cozy vibes of Lucky Slice Pizza, the flavors and comfort of La Ferrovia or the street taco delights of Don Carlos, each place adds a unique and tasty chapter to the college experience.

Exploring these restaurants has shown me that good food is not just about taste, but about the memories and moments that are created around the table with friends, making Ogden a perfect place to go and enjoy a great meal.