It was a Monster Bash

download.jpeg

Witches, zombies and monsters of all ages came out to scare and socialize at Ogden’s annual Witchstock Festival on Oct. 27.

The event kicked off with The Ogden Junior League’s Witches Tea fundraiser attended by mothers and daughters dressed in witch costumes.

It was followed by the Zombie Crawl, a tradition organized by Ogden native Tyler Deamer. The crawl included a free parade down Historic 25th Street with over 1,000 participants.

One man wielded a bladeless chainsaw aimed at onlookers. Others played the part of bloodied, creepy zombies searching for their next kill.

Festival-goers capped off the night with a Monster Bash, which featured music by DJ Johnny B at the Ogden Amphitheater.

Danielle Collier, marketing and communications coordinator of the Ogden Downtown Alliance, sponsored the Bash.

“(The event) has something for everybody and is really overarching of everything we have going on downtown,” Collier said.

This sentiment was echoed by Shelly Walstrom of Roy, who makes a tradition of attending Witches Tea with her adult daughters. They missed last year because they didn’t buy tickets in time and made sure not to let it happen again this year.

Other regular attendees included the Bastian family of Ogden.

“It’s a lot of community and fun,” Kristy Bastian said.

Her 12-year-old daughter Olivia decided that this year she would switch from dressing as a zombie to zombie hunter.

Food, fun and good weather was all around at the outdoor event, which happens every year just before Halloween.