Gadgets and gizmos for the holiday season

MCT 2009
(Source: MCT 2009)

Every year more and more gadgets and gizmos are created to spark interest, whether it’s by their looks or their ability to help us reach a little farther.

Sometimes technology can take a full circle and recreate something from the past. With the Revolution USB Turntable, you can take your vinyl jams wherever you go. This battery-powered set up comes in an array of colors, and is the very first record player made with a platter smaller than a teacup saucer. It’s great gift for the music lover in your life this holiday season.

With flu season upon us, everyone takes extra precautions in washing their hands with soap and hand sanitizer. And as we constantly touch our phones, they are bound to get quite a few germs and nasty stuff on them.

PhoneSoap UV Smartphone Sanitizer is a great way to clean your phone. PhoneSoap uses short-wavelength radiation to sanitize your phone and only takes four minutes.

For those who are interested in more spy-type gadgets, the HD Video Camera Spy Pen is a great tool that’ll make you feel just like James Bond. The pen can take pictures, or record video or audio. The pen has 720p and records 1280 x 720 video up to 30 frames per second. The spy pen would be a great asset for any gadget lover.

Perhaps you have been wanting to go on a mountainous adventure in the wild, but you don’t have a great grip on directions and never really learned how to use a compass. With the North Paw Directional Anklet Kit, your grand adventure is still possible.

This gadget actually trains your brain. If you put the kit on your ankle it will vibrate in the direction of north. Apparently your brain will learn to ignore the buzz and you will just sense where north is.

The last item is called a Grillbot, and for those who love having barbecues and parties outside, this is a wonderful gift. The Grillbot cleans off the greasy mess from grilling on both charcoal and gas grills.

To clean the grill, you place the Grillbot in the grill and then let it get to work using its built-in, replaceable brass brushes. It also has an LCD alarm and timer to let you decide how deep of a clean you want on the grill.

More information on these items can be found at thinkgeek.com. .