Committee meeting to discuss university food policies

A Food Service Committee meeting will be held Nov. 6 to discuss issues regarding Sodexo and the Weber State Polices and Procedures manual.

The meeting will be open to students and will have representatives from Sodexo and the university. The Food Service Committee is made up of faculty, students and staff and meets whenever called.

Clubs and organizations raised concerns to the student Senate earlier this semester, feeling limited by the petty cash policy, which forces groups that want to buy food in excess of $100 to have Sodexo cater their events.

Other concerns regarding a lack of vegan or gluten-free options have been brought up as well.

Part of the action of the student Senate was to get the committee meeting together so students can ask questions.

The $100 restriction is not related to Sodexo, but is part of Weber State’s policy on petty cash. The policy was designed to allow students to have potlucks and similar accommodations for events without going to Sodexo.

Sodexo, an international food service company based in Paris, has an exclusive contract with WSU to provide catering and food services on campus.