OPINION: I know a spot: Ogden Valentine’s date ideas

Valentine’s Day decorations inside of Color Me Mine next to empty shelves that had pottery pieces on sale.

Chocolates and roses add a touch of sweetness to Valentine’s Day, but no gift can match the value of quality time and affection. As we approach this day of romance, here are five date night ideas in Ogden to craft the perfect night for you and your partner.

A romantic dinner
It’s easy to get into the habit of going out to eat at your favorite restaurants. However, the locally-owned Union Grill is guaranteed to make your mouth water, offering delicious dishes that vary from Italian pizza to savory beef medallions. The ambience of the restaurant creates a place where culinary delights meet romance. Bathed in a gentle glow from dim lights, the walls adorned with captivating artwork, the restaurant casts a spell of enchantment upon its guests.

Share passion through art
Step into a world of shared passion and creativity at the Color Me Mine studio in Ogden. Color Me Mine has a buy one get one free discount after 5 p.m. on Fridays. This creates a delightful opportunity to kindle your romance while nurturing your creative spirits and staying on budget.

Valentine’s Dance
Grab your dancing shoes for Ogden’s Ultimate Valentine’s Dance. This dance is at The Madison Venue on 24th Street on Valentine’s Day. Enjoy a jam-packed lineup of entertainment, including a live DJ, a photo booth, professional snapshots, a soda bar to quench your thirst and treats to satisfy your sweet tooth. The dance runs from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets cost $50 and are sold online.

Wild Wednesday
See how a natural connection occurs in the wild at Ogden Nature Center’s Valentines Day program, “A Wild Romance”, happening on Valentine’s Day. The program is a 20-minute session led by a naturalist or teacher that introduces the residents of the Nature Center. Tickets cost $5 for adults and $4 for children and seniors. The program starts at 3:45 p.m., showing animals from birds to reptiles.

Candlelight Concert: Valentine’s Special
Under the soft, flickering glow of candlelight, immerse yourself in the romantic tunes that set hearts aflutter at the Candlelight Concert this Valentine’s Day. Candlelight Concert is holding a Valentine’s Day show at 9 p.m. at The Monarch called “A Tribute to Queen.” A string quartet will play in the candle light creating a unique concert experience. Ticket prices vary and can be bought online.

These five date ideas are guaranteed to take your celebration to a new level. Make this Valentine’s Day one to remember — a day filled with love, laughter and cherished memories that will linger long after those sweet chocolates have been savored.

View Comments (1)