Graduation convocations

New graduates from the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions take part in commencement ceremonies at the Dee Events Center on Dec. 17, 2021. Nuevas graduadas de la escuela de carreras médicas Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke participan en las ceremonias inaugurales en el centro de eventos Dee el 17 de diciembre de 2021.

Weber State University will hold the convocation ceremonies for fall semester graduates on Dec. 15. Convocations are held every fall and spring for each of the different colleges on campus.

Convocation ceremonies consist of speakers who address the audience of WSU students, their guests and staff. The graduates then walk across the stage while their names are announced.

According to the WSU website’s commencement page, graduation ceremonies are not held during summer semesters. Students graduating in the summer can still graduate in the summer but must choose either the fall or spring to participate in commencement ceremonies.

The convocations taking place in the Austad Auditorium at the Val A. Browning Center are the College of Science at 9 a.m.; John B. Goddard School of Business and Economics at 11:30 a.m.; Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities at 2 p.m.; General Studies at 4:30 p.m.

Ceremonies taking place in the Dee Events Center are the Jerry and Vickie Moyes College of Education at 9 a.m.; College of Social and Behavioral Sciences at 11:30 a.m.; College of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology at 2 p.m.; Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions at 4:30 p.m.

The Reserve Officers’ Training Corps will have a convocation at 9 a.m. in the Wildcat Theater in the Shepherd Union Building and students graduating with the Bachelor of Integrated Studies will have a convocation at 1:30 p.m., in the Hetzel Hoellein Room of the Stewart Library.

These ceremonies are not mandatory and will be live-streamed on the WSU website’s commencement page. The new OGX bus route will also be available to transport individuals from the Dee Events Center to the main campus.