Where Can OGX Take You?

UTA bus driver Nathan Paskett driving an OGX bus.

After much anticipation, the Utah Transit Authority’s newest all-electric bus line has finally expanded their routes. OGX is Ogden’s new public transit system running along Harrison Boulevard, WSU campus, down 25th Street until reaching The Junction and Ogden’s FrontRunner Station.

The OGX line will be free to all riders for the first three years.

Here’s a breakdown of the stops as well as places nearby that you might want to check out.

McKay-Dee Hospital

The southernmost stop on the line is at McKay-Dee Hospital at 4401 Harrison Blvd. This provides easy access to the medical services provided there. Additionally, it is a quick walk to the stores and restaurants scattered across South Ogden.

Dee Events Center

Part of the Wildcat Shuttle, the stop at the Dee Events Center gives access to the free parking offered outside the arena and University Village across the street. This station will be helpful when it comes to Weber State sports at the Weber County Sports Complex. This station is also a short walk from many restaurants that offer student discounts, like The Pie Pizzeria and University Broiler and Grill.

Wildcat Village

Wildcat Village is also part of the Wildcat Shuttle. Residents of the dorms can have easy access here, but it is also a prime stop for those heading to Swenson Gym or the Outdoor Recreation building.

WSU Central

WSU Central is located right outside Shepherd Union and the Browning Center and is the last segment of the Wildcat Shuttle. Besides being a great transportation option for students to get to campus, this station is great for those wanting to catch a Weber State football game. All things Weber State can be reached at this stop.

36th Street and Harrison Boulevard

This stop runs right by multiple different restaurants, providing an easy option for students looking for a lunch break. Betos Mexican Food, Little Caesar’s and Baskin Robbins are all nearby for a quick treat. Additionally, this station is ideal for reaching Don Carlos Street Tacos, which currently offers a student discount.

32nd Street and Harrison Boulevard

This stop is just outside Mount Ogden Junior High. Nontraditional students who might have children that attend the school will be able to drop them off on the way to their own classes. It is also nearby Grifols Biomat Plasma Center, a place students can go to donate plasma.

28th Street and Harrison Boulevard

Ogden High is right outside this stop, so this stop can also be helpful for those with siblings or students attending Ogden High. This stop could be helpful for many residents as it is located near much of the housing along Harrison Boulevard.

25th Street and Harrison Boulevard

This is the final stop on Harrison Boulevard before OGX turns down 25th Street. Kaffe Mercantile is nearby on 26th Street, offering coffee, pastries and a spacious patio area. You can get off this station and walk north towards Dee Memorial Park, one of Ogden’s recreational areas.

25th Street and Monroe Boulevard

This station will be helpful for the many apartment complexes nearby. Students can get off here to eat at The Best Brothers Mexican Grill, which also offers a student discount.

25th Street and Jefferson Boulevard

This stop is right outside the Weber County Library. Also worth checking out are Cuppa, a local coffee shop, and The Lotus Cafe, which functions as both a cafe and a yoga studio. Both of these locations have a wide array of vegan options.

25th Street and Washington Boulevard

All things 25th Street can be reached from this station. This stop will be the one for events like the farmer’s market and the First Friday Art Stroll. Many local restaurants are along this stretch of the road as it leads towards the historic Union Station. In the summer, Ogden Twilight concert goers will be able to use this stop because Ogden Amphitheater is nearby. Weber State students will also find the Weber State Downtown store to be easily accessible.

The Junction

This stop on Kiesel Avenue is located in the middle of The Junction. Once you get off, you are right across the street from the Megaplex Theaters and right in front of the Salomon Center, which contains many different indoor adventures such as a rock climbing wall, and Flowrider, an indoor surfing simulator.

Ogden FrontRunner Station

The final stop on the OGX line is Ogden’s FrontRunner Station. Weber State students are able to get free access to the FrontRunner through the UTA Ed Pass. The line runs all the way to Provo and is a great way for students to explore the Wasatch Front.