I’m scared to say I’m proud of myself, because what if that makes it all go away?

Editors from the Signpost on a trip to San Francisco for the SPJ conference.

I won’t go into the details of when I first started at Weber State University, but I had long graduated from high school when I started. I had begun to create a career as an esthetician, dabbled in fashion modeling, a retired sports photographer and even a social media influencer in China.

I decided to come back to Utah in hopes of a slower life. That decision wasn’t an easy one, but something I always felt like was missing in my life.

I kept this decision quiet, revealing it to no one initially, fearing it might vanish if spoken aloud.

As the semesters went on, I grew a confidence that wasn’t based on my physical self but on my capabilities and drive for knowledge.

This new confidence allowed me opportunities for an amazing internship, to study abroad and to create lasting friendships.

And as it comes time to graduate, I’m so grateful I made this decision.

While graduation typically signifies a celebration, a significant milestone, it also marks the passage of time, a testament to our growth and wisdom.

Looking back on my time at Weber State, I realize my journey may have differed from others’. It took me five years to reach this point, and they’ve been some of the most deliberate and introspective yet slow years of my life.

And to those reading, I’ll leave you with this: Never let yourself get in the way of your potential.