WSU spring 2024 graduation: What to know

Students flipping their tassels as they graduate. Photo taken in 2016.

During the last week of April, Weber State University will be holding a general commencement for all students graduating, along with separate convocation ceremonies for the individual colleges on campus.

Tassels are available for pick up at the WSU bookstore or when graduates pick up their cap and gown from Grad Finale at the Dee Events Center on April 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The different colors of tassels represent each college, and there are tassel options available for different groups on campus — for example, the LGBTQ+ community and Veterans. Tassels representing the WSU Davis Campus will also be available to graduates.

WSU’s graduation ceremonies will span two days. The first day will be held on April 26, and the second group of graduations on April 27.

The convocations being held on April 26 include the Jerry & Vickie Moyes College of Education, from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Dee Events Center; College of Science from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Browning Center; Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies from noon to 1 p.m. in the Shepherd Union Building; Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Dee Events Center; and Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Dee Events Center.

The General Commencement for all graduates will also be held on April 26 from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. at the Dee Events Center.

This year’s commencement ceremony will feature Emmy-nominated actor and comedian Rainn Wilson, best known as Dwight Schrute on American sitcom “The Office,” as the speaker.

The second day of graduation, April 27, will include a breakfast for honor students from 7:30 until 8:30 a.m at the Marquardt Field House.

Convocations for the day will start with General Studies from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Dee Events Center; ROTC Commissioning will take place from 9 to10 a.m. in the Shepherd Union Building; College of Social & Behavioral Sciences from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dee Events Center; John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at the Dee Events Center; and the College of Engineering, Applied Sciences & Technology from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at the Dee Events Center.

Seating for the commencement ceremony is first-come, first-served for the general public; for graduating students free tickets will be available at Grad Finale in the ticket office at the Dee Events Center or on the weber.evenue.net website. Graduates are also encouraged to wear their caps and gowns in the seating area at the commencement ceremony.