Save your green at Green Brick Vintage

Rings sitting on a table at the front of the Green Brick Vintage store.

Green Brick Vintage is an antique and vintage store in Ogden that sells jewelry and furniture for a low price.

Before opening up Green Brick, owner Scott Nielson became inspired to sell vintage items after speaking to resellers at thrift stores. He eventually tried reselling antiques of his own on eBay and found a love for it.

“I got really hooked,” Nielson said. “I’m looking at eBay and like buying all the stuff. I just got bit by the bug, the excitement of finding something and reselling it for more than I paid for it.”

Starting a business can be difficult, especially when trends come and go. Vintage clothing is trending now, but jewelry has always been fashionable.

“The trends just come and go, and you just have to be lucky enough to start early on,” Nielson said. “Jewelry has been in fashion and in style for 5,000 years since gold was discovered, and so it was like we have an interest always there.”

Jewelry shopping alone isn’t what got business booming for Green Brick, but rather the idea to sell quality jewelry for a much lower cost than other competitors.

“Affordable jewelry has never been a thought in the state of Utah for some reason,” Nielson said. “Even costume jewelry at Target and Walmart is $10 to $15, and I’m like, there has to be a better way to run a jewelry store.”

Despite selling various items from furniture, decor and collectibles, the owner’s favorite thing to sell is his jewelry because of the versatility and joy it brings to people.

“It’s because it’s so versatile; you can layer it, you can add to it, you can take away from it, you can simplify it, you can make it really loud and obnoxious and flamboyant,” Nielson said. “I think it’s just really exciting that there’s endless options with jewelry. Plus it’s fun to see smiling faces, jewelry’s not gonna frustrate people.”

The owner and employees of Green Brick enjoy making their customers feel appreciated, and that’s their main priority.

“When I go shopping, I want to feel like I’m appreciated,” Nielson said. “It’s hard to find places that are affordable and are going to treat me how I treat my customers here at Green Brick.”

Green Brick can be found at 2937 S Washington Blvd. and is open from noon to 6 p.m. every day except Wednesdays and Sundays.