Sending off successful seniors

Graduation at Weber State University is quickly approaching. A great way to celebrate this honorable achievement is by attending the 2023 Senior Send-Off hosted by the Student Involvement & Leadership and the Alumni Association.

The Senior Send-Off is an event for Weber State seniors who are graduating with their bachelor’s degree. This year’s Senior Send-Off will be held in the Outdoor Adventure & Welcome Center located on the south side of campus on April 20.

Senior Send-Off is a great way for graduating students to celebrate the work they have done at Weber State with their fellow students.

“We have done this for a couple of years now,” Sara Triplett, coordinator for Student Programming at WSU, said. “We started with just the gift baskets during COVID, and then last year, we incorporated the party. This year, we are doing the party and the gift baskets.”

Triplett said the gift baskets change year to year. This year, the gift baskets have more merchandise and gifts than they’ve had in the previous few years.

“There are some things that are kind of constantly the same, but the gift bag has always got a little bit of variety to it,” Triplett said. “The food will be different. In general, the themes and the ideas kind of stay the same, but the pieces are sometimes different.”

The future of Senior Send-Off hopes to grow in both what the gift baskets have to offer as well as what is offered at the event.

Triplett said that the limited number of gift baskets that are given out will likely stay the same, but the contents of those baskets will continue to change. The current number of gift baskets that are being given away is limited to 100.

Triplett recommends non-graduating students to keep an eye out for this event when they near graduation for the chance to win one of these gift baskets and the opportunity to attend the Senior Send-Off reception.

If students have any questions, they are advised to contact the Student Involvement & Leadership center in the Shepherd Union Building.