Veterans Day displays

From Left to Right, Veteran's Brad B., Vern W., and John U. met withs students in the Union on Wendesday.  (Michael Grennel / The Signpost)
From Left to Right, Veteran’s Brad B., Vern W., and John U. met withs students in the Union on Wendesday. (Michael Grennel / The Signpost)

I think it is important to acknowledge our veterans and to learn about what they did for our country. That’s why I was happy to see that Weber State celebrated Veterans Day on Wednesday in the student union. Many different displays were set up to educate students on the importance of this holiday.

Students were given the opportunity to learn more about these heroes through a military equipment display, an MRE tasting, various service organization displays and a fallen veteran car display.

The most interactive display, was the MRE (meals ready to eat) display because it gave students a little taste of what type of meals are prepared for service men. If you were daring enough to try one of the variety of meals that were prepared, you experienced how different their food tastes compared to what you are used to.

It was interesting to see the different types of weapons and uniforms set up at the equipment display. I tried on one of the helmets and couldn’t believe how how heavy it was. To think that our service men have to run around with this equipment and protection on is quite amazing.

These displays were an amazing way to showcase what this holiday is all about.