Local bands find a home in Ogden

There are dozens of venues in Salt Lake City where you can see concerts. Most of them are usually big shows, but there are still chances to catch local bands. However, sometimes driving all the way to Salt Lake isn’t convenient.

Luckily Ogden is becoming a hotspot for local bands to play. This summer the Twilight Concert Series that normally takes place in Salt Lake is coming to Ogden. Similarly, the small music venue called Mojos offers great shows with up and coming bands from around the area.

Mojos has been giving Ogdenites live music since 2003. It offers shows for all ages, and is located near the Megaplex 13 on Washington Boulevard. The venue is small, making the shows personal and fun to watch.

This weekend will feature a show with five local bands. SoupStuF, Eat Crow, Alter Ego, Chronicle Trio and Lucid Landing will play Saturday night starting at 8 p.m.

The five man group SoupStuF comes from Salt Lake City and according to their website their job is “Bringing to your ears a Funky Fresh Flavor of Fantasm.” The band even does a cover of the popular hit “Take on Me.” They have a video on their website of the song.

Eat Crow is from Kaysville. This band delivers a sound similar to The Black Keys, Green Day, Black Sabbath and The White Stripes. They say they’re “just four guys who want to rock and share it with the world.” The band has an original song up on their Reverbnation site called “Anti” that is worth a listen.

Alter Ego, from Davis County, released their first EP in January. The five-song EP is on sale on a website linked to their Facebook page. Listeners are able to buy the tracks to stream online. The band offers an original and unique sound.

Jazz/rock group Chronicle Trio from Salt Lake will also be in the lineup for Saturday. This group also has a few songs available for streaming that can be found on Facebook. The album entitled “The Renaissance Mixtape” has a funky, unique sound that is captured in the recording and will sound even better at Mojos.

Finally, Lucid Landing, originally from Clearfield, will join the lineup for the evening. The band mentions on their Facebook page that they are “A new alternative rock band with a wide range of varieties and materials.”

The band has posted three songs for fans to enjoy. “Thunder” is one of the songs featured on the page and one comment mentioned the song is “heart-wrenchingly beautiful.”