News Briefs 7/2

Big Sky Conference celebrates 50th anniversary

Yesterday marked the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the Big Sky Conference, the athletic conference home to Weber State University. The Big Sky Conference began operations July 1, 1963.

Campus closed for Independence Day

Thursday, July 4th, Weber State University campus will be closed for Independence Day. No classes will be held. Campus reopens regularly on Friday.

Youth Academy offers summer camps

Youth Academy at Weber State University is offering three different camps for children July 8-12. Youth Academy’s Mom and Daughter Science Camp is for girls fourth through eighth grades and their mothers (or female mentors) and focuses on science studied by researchers. Extreme Math! is a summer camp offered to children fourth through sixth grades and engages children in applying mathematical concepts. Natural Enquirers is a camp for children fifth through eight grades and focuses on teaching children real science in the natural world. Visit continue.weber.edu/lifelonglearning for more information.

Course opportunity for first time students

The Utah Humanities Council is offering Ogden adults with economic barriers an opportunity to start college at Weber State University through the Venture Course in the Humanities. Those accepted can earn up to 10 elective credits in the humanities. Visit www.utahhumanities.org/venture.htm for more information.