Wildcat volleyball beats the Bengals 3–1

Weber State Athletics
The Wildcats battled to earn a 3–1 victory over the Bengals on Nov. 4.

Weber State University’s women’s volleyball came out triumphant with a 3–1 victory against Idaho State University on Nov. 4, making the squad 16–7 overall and 9–3 in the Big Sky Conference.

Idaho State started the game with a strong lead, making it 6–1 just minutes into the game. Not long after, the Wildcats were able to get back into their zone, and the game was tied 16–16. The Wildcats moved into the lead with a 4-point run, followed by a 5-point run to win the first set 25–17.

The second set was just as thrilling as the first, with both teams going back and forth with the lead. Weber State eventually went on a 4–1 run, making the score 16–16, and was able to control the rest of the game, despite the Bengals’ firm defense. The Wildcats secured the second set 25–22.

Idaho State made a comeback with an overpowering offense for the third set. The Bengals led 10–3 early on, but the Wildcats hit four consecutive kills and tied the score 17–17. Despite the Wildcats’ strong defense, the Bengals were able to secure their lead and won the third set 27–25.

Weber State’s momentum surged in the fourth set, pulling ahead 15–9. It was a competitive set, but a 3-point run gave the Wildcats what they needed to take the fourth set 25–17 and win the match.

Dani Richins led the team with 20 kills, Baylee Bodily had 13 and Ashley Gneiting had 10. Richins also led with 23 digs, and Kate Standifird closely followed with 21. Weber State led in kills 57-54, assists 52-52 and digs 90-78. The Wildcats hit a percentage of .239 and the Bengals .179.

Weber State has four more conference matches until the Big Sky Championships. Their next game will be on Nov. 9 in the Swenson Gym against the University of Montana, who is 5–7 in the Big Sky. The match starts at 6 p.m.