5 Athletes to Watch

1. Kyndahl Hill, basketball

This season has been a change of pace for the 6 foot 7 inch forward from Humble, Texas. After starting all 30 games for the Wildcats in his sophomore season, Hill has had plenty of success in his new role off of the bench, having only started one of the first thirteen games this season. Several of Hill’s averages are already higher this season, including points which are up from 7.7 per game to 8.9, rebounds which are up from 5.1 to 5.8, and turnovers where Hill is on pace for almost half of the 47 he committed in the 2014-2015 season.

1. Jocelyn Adams, basketball

Adams is really coming into her own here in her sophomore year after starting only one game her freshman season, while playing in 26 games, by starting in 7 of the 8 games she has played in this season. The 6 foot 1 inch forward out of Vancouver, Washington is also on pace to surpass her block total after picking up 17 last season, she already has 10 through only 8 games. Adams is also prepared to pass her freshman season in rebounds while her shooting has increased from .417 to .459.

1. Tony Osheku, track and field

Osheku is looking to make his senior track season a year to remember. The Salt Lake City product has already left an indelible mark on the program in his first three years. Osheku’s name is in the Weber State record book with the tenth best 60-meter dash time and the eighth fastest time in the 200-meter dash in school history. In the season’s first track meet in early December Osheku ended up with a 2nd place finish in the 55-meter dash and 1st place in the 400-meter dash. This should be a dominant year for the multi-event star.

1. Molly Horne, softball

Horne, the All-Big Sky conference honorable mention at catcher is looking to have a successful sophomore season after an explosive freshman year at catcher and designated hitter. Horne came to Weber State with plenty of accolades as a four-year letter winner in high school who also played on the ASA National Championship softball team and is now majoring in Communications with the Wildcats. Horne is prepared to have a star quality season beginning on February 12th.

1. Dominique Beauvais, tennis

There are high expectations for Beauvais already, with the start of her sophomore season looming. In what can only be described as a great year she went 9-10 in singles matches and 11-9 in doubles, only pairing up with Romy Stephens-Dodd in her freshman season. This should be a prime year for the 2nd year Wildcat out of Vancouver, Canada to prove herself as a winner and a leader, both on and off the court.