Five Crazy Headlines: Buckled beer, felony candy and children’s tattoos

Out of the SUV and into the tour bus

A man lost control of his SUV while driving along Malibu Canyon Road in California and went off the road and over the edge of a cliff.

The SUV came to a stop and dangled on the side of the cliff, but the man was able to make his escape from the vehicle and climbed to the top of the cliff.

He was then promptly hit by a passing tour bus.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said the man was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived. He was then taken to a local hospital for treatment of major injuries.

The cause of the accident is currently under investigation.

Source: ABC News

Screw the kids, buckle up the beer

What’s more important: beer or children?

A 27-year-old Australia man decided beer was more important when he decided to go driving with cartons of beer buckled into the seats, while leaving several children to sit unrestrained in the foot wells.

During a traffic stop, police said they discovered several children — including a baby less than a year old — lying on the laps of adults or sitting in the foot wells while the beer was buckled tightly into the seats.

The driver was charged with no authority to drive and failure to restrain a child.

Source: ABC News Australia

I’m not a pervert, I’m a researcher!

A motel owner conducted research on thousands of unsuspecting guests for almost 30 years, making detailed notes of his observations.

He conducted his research by crawling into the ceiling and watching hotel guests have sex through fake ceiling vents.

Gerald Foos would watch guests at the Manor House Motel in Colorado have sex and go to the bathroom for 29 years before he sold the motel in 1995.

According to a report from the Denver Post, the statute of limitations has expired on any voyeur-related crimes Foos committed, but he could still face trouble over a 1977 murder he says he witnessed but never reported.

Source: KTLA 5

Fun-sized candy, king-sized jail time

A Louisiana man is currently facing a possible sentence of 20 years to life in prison.

His crime? Stealing $31 worth of candy bars.

Because of a state law that applies to people convicted of theft of goods at least twice, 34-year-old Jacobia Grimes is being charged with a felony over the stolen candy bars. Grimes has five prior theft convictions, which qualifies him as a “quad” offender under Louisiana state law.

Grimes is currently free on $5,000 bail.

Source: 14 News

OK kids, you get tattoos from Mr. Bad Touch while mommy has a few drinks

A mother of three hit the trifecta of terrible choices recently when she let a convicted sex offender give her three underage children tattoos while she got drunk.

Ashley Nikole Weir, a 31-year-old Lago Vista, Texas, resident, had her three children — ages 13, 10 and 9 — get tattooed by her boyfriend’s registered sex offender brother while she consumed alcohol.

The 13-year-old boy called his father and asked him to pick them up from their mother’s house. When the father arrived, he found the mother passed out drunk in bed, his son with a cross tattoo on his right ankle, his 10-year-old daughter with tattoos of a cross and infinity symbol on her left ankle and his 9-year-old daughter with a heart and arrow tattoo on her right ankle.

Weir has been charged with three counts of tattoos prohibited for certain persons and is being held in Travis County Jail on a $15,000 bond.

Source: My San Antonio