Weber State Sport Venues

Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium

The Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Stadium is located on the far East hillside of campus. This stadium has been home to Weber State Football and Outdoor Track since the 1950s when Weber State Junior College was established. This area has also hosted other various events including concerts, religious performances, motor cross events and lacrosse games.Homecoming 9-19 (Gabe Cerritos)

Stewart Stadium seats 17,500 fans and is also the home of the Weber State Athletic Department offices. The Stadium includes full football lockers rooms and training facilities for athletes.

There are entrances on the North, South and West sides of the stadium. The student section is located in the middle of the East side sitting bench.

Those who attend events at the Stewart Stadium get a view of the Wasatch Mountains to the east and Ogden City and the Great Salt Lake to the west. This is easily one of the best settings in all of college athletics.

Reed K. Swenson Building / C. William Stromberg Complex / Edman Courts

The Swenson Gymnasium is located in Swenson building, just southwest of the Stewart Stadium. This gym hosts the Weber State Volleyball team during the fall months. The indoor facility has hosted numerous Weber State indoor track meets, as well as high school track meets.

2-12 Men's Tennis vs Montana State (Gabe Cerritos)
Goswami gets ready to hit a backhand slice low and deep against Montana State. (Gabe Cerritos / The Signpost)

Below the Swenson Gym is the Stromberg Arena and strength training facility. This facility is primarily used by the Indoor track and field team, but can be rented by students as well.

This arena is fully equipped with space to run hurdles and participate in other track and field events, such as high jump, long jump, meter runs, etc.

East of the Reed K. Swenson Building are the Edman Tennis Courts. This is one of the finest facilities in Northern Utah. There are seven hard courts that allow for two dual matches to be played at once.

With permanent bleachers, Edman Courts can host approximately 1,000 spectators, along with a grassy hillside for additional seating.

These courts are used by the Weber State tennis team’s and welcome to members of the community.

P.E. Playfield

The Physical Education Playfield has been home of the Weber State Soccer program since 1996. The field is located South of the Wildcat Center for Health Education and Wellness center.

vs Montana 10-18 (Gabe Cerritos)
Freshman forward Madison Garlock heads the ball goalward. Madi scored the only goal of the match (Gabe Cerritos / The Signpost).

This field hosted two Big Sky Soccer Championships in 1998 and in 2001, before the field was remodeled in 2006 for an NCAA competition and the Big Sky Conference Championship in 2008.

Permanent bleachers were added to the west side of the field that can accommodate approximately 500 fans. The Weber State Soccer season starts in the middle of August.

Dee Events Center

The Dee Events Center is located just South of campus at 4444 Event Center Drive. This arena has hosted eight Big Sky Conference Championships, NCAA Basketball Tournament games in 1980 and 1983, Utah Jazz preseason games, commencement ceremonies and other community events.

This venue can accommodate more than 12,000 spectators in comfortable chair-backed seats.

Starting at the end of October, the men’s and women’s basketball teams begin their season. Typically, games are hosted on Thursday’s and Saturday’s at various times.

Students get into Weber State basketball games for FREE and are allowed to bring four additional guests. Students and their families are allowed to sit in the general admission sections of the Dee Events Center, located just inside the East doors of the venue.

Ice Sheet / Wildcat Softball Field

East of the Dee Events Center is the Ice Sheet where the Weber State Hockey Club plays, as well as the Ogden Mustangs Hockey team. This venue was built for the 2002 Winter Olympic games.

At certain times of day, the rink is open for aspiring skaters. Present your Wildcat ID and get a discounted rate for any date night, family event, etc.

11-19 hockey vs Boise (Gabe Cerritos)
Alex Pizzaro (left) stops hard and passes the puck behind the boise goal. (Gabe Cerritos / The Signpost)

Northeast of the Ice Sheet is the Wildcat Softball Field. This field was built in 2009 when the softball program returned to Weber State.

The outfield wall sits 220 feet around the arena, with a distance of 225 feet down the center of the field. In 2010, permanent bleachers were added to accommodate approximately 500 fans, as well as a press box for media agents and a visible scoreboard.

Softball season typically begins at the beginning of February, with the first games in Ogden being around the end of March.

Cydnee Green is a sports reporter and photographer for the Signpost and pursuing a degree in journalism at WSU.