Player of the Week 10/16/15

Josh Kealamakia

Position: Kicker/Punter

Year: Senior

Hometown: Syracuse, Utah

This week’s Signpost Athlete of the Week goes to senior Josh Kealamakia for his efforts in last week’s game versus Montana.

During the game, Kealamakia was three for three on extra point attempts and in overtime helped seal the victory for the Wildcats with a 27-yard field goal. As a punter, he had six punts on the day for an average of 44.5 yards per punt. One of his punts went for 55 yards, which is the second farthest punt for him on the season. He kicked off four times with an average of 64 yards per kick.

His efforts in the game earned him the ROOT Sports Big Sky Conference Special Teams Player of the Week award for the second time this season. The first award came after WSU’s home opening game versus Sacramento State where he was four for four on field goals and hit one from 48 yards, the longest of his career. He also earned a Player of the Week award as a freshman.

Kealamakia has played in 39 games in his college career and currently sits at fourth in the conference for punting yard average with an average of 41.1 yards per punt. He also ranks ninth for his career average punting yards in Weber State history.