Downtown Ogden a great place for Wildcat homecoming

Historic 25th Street offers students a wide range of places to visit
Historic 25th Street offers students a wide range of places to visit (Emilee Atkinson / The Signpost)

Homecoming is one of the biggest times of the year for school spirit. Campus teems with activities and events, offering students a little bit of everything.

Along with the fun that happens on campus, there are many places around town students can go to celebrate homecoming week.

On Oct. 6 at 6:30 p.m. the annual downtown pep rally will be held at the Ogden Amphitheater located at 343 E. 25th St.

Not only that, but many restaurants and local businesses are offering Weber students discounts. Check out this list of restaurants that are offering discounts:

• At Scrud’s Gourmet Grub, the owner is offering students a free fountain drink with the purchase of food.
  • Similarly, Tona offers students 15 percent off for students who flash their Weber ID.
  • Further down the street, Rovalis offers 10 percent off with ID and is great at accommodating large parties.
  • Shin Sei normally offers 10 percent off to Weber students, but on the night of the dance they are offering 25 percent off to students who come in.
  • Rooster’s is also in the same boat, offering students 15 percent off.

There are plenty of places to eat, but if students need a good idea for a daytime date, there are a few places downtown that are great for this. Color Me Mine on 25th Street offers a few different options for students to have fun.

One package offered is $10 a person, and includes a mug, the studio fee and all of the supplies needed. This is a perfect place to take a date before the dance.

Along with the studio, Flowrider on 23rd Street next to the Megaplex holds college night every Wednesday from 5 p.m. until they close. It’s only $10 for students who come with their ID cards.

Homecoming is not only a good time to realize how awesome your school is, but it also gives students a chance to get out into the community and support the local, student-friendly businesses. Go Wildcats!