Harvest Moon Celebration on Historic 25th Street

Sept. 2oth marks the 13th annual Harvest Moon Celebration. This end-of-summer bash takes place on Historic 25th Street.

This year there are a few changes to the usual festivities. Among the activities there will be free make-and-take projects for kids and three different stages throughout the Ogden Municipal Gardens.

The festival will even feature a beer garden where people can play beer-related games and other fun activities. In addition, locally-owned restaurants will be offering their best dishes.

The harvest moon is celebrated for a couple different reasons. It has a special place in agricultural history, and is important in Paganism, Wicca and other alternative religions.

The harvest moon occurs around the fall equinox and as it rises it provides extra minutes of light each evening for farmers to harvest crops.

Harvest moons or other full moons can be predicted using a moon phase calendar according to About Education, a website dedicated to helping students learn various subjects.

At the Harvest Moon Celebration, the stages will be filled with live music and comedian acts. The headlining band Van Lady Love will take the stage at 7:30 p.m.

A major highlight of the festival, the XTERRA run will take place during the musical acts and a ceremony honoring the race’s winners will close the celebration.

The XTERRA run is a national championship event. For more information or to join next year’s run the website is www.xterraplanet.com.

The Harvest Moon Celebration’s schedule is packed for a full twelve hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. It offers activities for everyone and shouldn’t be missed!