5 professors to take before you graduate

Dan Bedford, geography: professor Bedford has an easy way of making his students comfortable through entertaining and engaging lectures. While he expects his students to be thoroughly knowledgeable on the course material come test time, he does provide study guides, and his test questions come straight from his lectures. He holds his students to a higher standard, because he genuinely cares about his students’ education.

Anne Bialowas, communication: professor Bialowas is the type of teacher you love to have. She has the entire semester laid out on the first day, is personable, enjoys talking to the class and is willing to work with students to give them every opportunity to succeed. While her classes are straightforward and entertaining, Bialowas expects students to be conversant on the material come test time, but she will usually offer extra credit for students willing to put in the work.

Leah Murray, political science: professor Murray teaches about the U.S. political process and uses her passion to turn what many perceive as a mundane subject into gripping discussions about the American political system. Murray’s personality fills the classroom and compells her students to contribute to the conversation. Murray’s coursework usually includes multiple essay exams and weekly readings, but fear not kiddos, the material is engaging and you receive the test questions the week before the exam opens.

Robert Okazaki, zoology: professor Okazaki teaches zoology, and although the course may not be on your major track, the knowledge you gain is immense. Okazaki’s class is test-heavy, and he holds you responsible for the material, but his passion for the subject bleeds through his lectures, imprinting the information in the students.

Tyler Suppha-Atthasitt, visual arts: professor Suppha-Atthasitt teaches photography and truly takes the time to work with his students so they can get the most out of his classes. He is known for staying late in the photo lab to help students perfect their prints, giving back just as much as the student is putting in. He covers a broad range of photographic styles in his lectures and listens to student feedback to better gauge the class’ taste in photographers and caters the subject matter appropriately. Suppha-Atthasitt is an incredibly helpful professor and enjoys talking with his students about their projects and interests.