ICYMI: News Briefs for WSU and Ogden Community

Summer, fall registration open today

Registration for summer classes is already open. Courses for summer semester begin May 5. Specific deadlines can be found on the academic calendar at http://apps.weber.edu/calendars/

Although fall semester won’t begin until August 25 of this year, registration for fall semester classes is open now.

World weather tracking headquarters moves to Ogden

Tempus Global Data, an Ogden-based weather data company headed by Alan Hall, plans on making Ogden the new hub for weather data analysis and collection after signing a contract with Utah State University for their innovative instruments. STORM, or the weather satellites, are superior to other existing weather satellites and will better predict local weather patterns, temperature and moisture.

C-SPAN comes to Ogden today

Today, C-SPAN representatives will travel to the Union Station in Ogden as they kick off a visit to record and feature the city’s history and literary life.

Mayor Mike Caldwell will welcome the C-SPAN representatives as they reveal the stories and segments that the national network will explore during their weeklong stay. During their time in Ogden, the C-SPAN representatives will also conduct community and educational outreach.

Local segments recorded throughout the week will air on nonfiction book channel Book TV (on C-SPAN2, Comcast Channel 109) and history channel American History TV (on C-SPAN3, Comcast Channel 110) during C-SPAN’s special Ogden weekend May 3-4.