News Brief 11/22/2013

Construction starts on safety building

As of Wednesday, drivers have experienced traffic congestion through the W-10 lot on Dixon Drive and Harrison Boulevard. The change is part of a master plan that includes construction of the new Weber State University Public Safety Building on the northwest corner of campus, which will take approximately seven months.

Following graduation, on Dec. 14, the W-10 lot will close and eventually be replaced with a new ‘W’ lot. Modifications are also being made to the timing of the traffic lights on Harrison to enhance traffic flow for southbound drivers. Drivers’ patience during the changes and construction is appreciated.

This news brief is brought to you by WSU Campus Planning and Construction. Contact Chad Downs at [email protected] or 801-626-6642 for more inquiries.

UTA holds open house for public’s input

UTA is seeking input on transit needs in Southern Davis County. UTA and local transit representatives from the cities of Bountiful, Salt Lake and North Salt Lake and the Wasatch Front Regional Council will hold an open house on Dec. 11, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at North Salt Lake City Hall (10 E. Center St., North Salt Lake).

The public is invited and encouraged to provide feedback on the needs for additional transit services, potential transit alignments and potential modes and destinations in the community.

Contact media relations specialist Remi Barron at [email protected] or 801-859-6095 for more inquiries.