Letters to the editor — guidelines and policies

1. The Signpost welcomes and encourages letters to the editor. This is a public forum, and the opinions expressed DO NOT reflect those of The Signpost or its staff.

2. Letters must include your first and last name. We accept letters from all members of the community that The Signpost serves — mainly Davis and Weber counties.

3. All letters published must bear the author’s first and last name except under extreme circumstances as determined by The Signpost editors.

4. Letters must be within 250-350 words. We will edit letters for libel only and they will otherwise appear as they were submitted.

5. We reserve the right to reject letters that attack individuals or businesses.

6. No more than one letter from any individual will be published during a month.

7. Letters of appreciation will be published based on individual merit, as decided by the editorial staff. No mention of business names is allowed. Thank-you notices may be published as paid advertising.

8. No event announcements will be accepted as letters to the editor. Please contact our advertising manager with those inquiries.

9. Parental consent is required for writers under age 18.

10. Consumer complaints will not be published.

11. We do not publish letters soliciting witnesses to accidents or other matters related to potential legal actions.

12. We do not publish letters from prison or jail inmates.

View Comments (1)