EIC Welcome Letter

Dear Wildcats,

Whether you’re starting off your first semester of college or returning for another  year, welcome to Weber State!

When I first came to WSU, I expected my stay to be a pit stop of generals on my way to a “bigger and better” university. I began my college career at Arizona State University, and even though I’d wished my professors cared to learn my name, or weren’t rushing through class so they could get back to their research and never be available during their supposed office hours, I figured that’s just what college was. Within my first few weeks here, I realized WSU offered the “bigger and better” education I’d been craving. My professors made an effort to get to know me, they were almost always available to help and answer questions, and many became resources and even mentors.

Here at The Signpost, we want to be your source for news about Weber State and its community. However, we can’t do it alone. We need to know what’s important to you, what you want to read about and what’s going on in your lives. Come up to the fourth floor of the Shepherd Union Building. Call us up or shoot us an e-mail. If there’s anything cool or outrageous you think your community deserves to know about, please tell us! If you’d like to get some writing, photography or graphic design experience, apply for a job. You can never pad your resume too much these days.

If news isn’t your thing, get involved in some other way. Get to know your professors and see what they’re involved with on campus and in the community. Check with the Community Involvement Center before you plan that service project. Attend campus events and parties, and if you’re interested in helping plan those parties, stop by the Student Involvement and Leadership Office.

WSU is not “just Weber.” It’s a great place to get involved, get an individualized education and gain relevant experience that employers are looking for. If you’re thinking your stay here will just be a pit stop, find out what else WSU has to offer.

Sincerely,

Cozette Jenkins
    The Signpost editor-in-chief