WSU announces 2019 football schedule

The Weber State University football team announced their 2019 schedule that includes six home games, a special ticket offer and two FBS opponents.

WSU is coming off another record setting season, with back-to-back 10 win seasons and back-to-back Big Sky Conference titles for the first time in program history. Jay Hill and the Wildcats have competed in three straight FCS postseasons and back-to-back quarterfinals. The ’Cats received a top five ranking in the nation in the last two seasons.

For the first time since 2008, the Wildcats will compete in a 12 game schedule with six regular season home games. All six home games are against Division 1 programs for the first time since 2006.

From now until National Signing Day, Feb. 6, 2019, Weber State fans can purchase a special ticket deal for the 2019 season, including six games for the price of five.

The Wildcats open the season in San Diego on Aug. 31 to take on FBS opponent San Diego State, followed by the home opener against Cal Poly on Sept. 7.

WSU will travel west to take on another FBS opponent the University of Nevada on Sept. 14, followed by a bye week. The ‘Cats then host Northern Iowa for the final non-conference game on Sept. 28. UNI has made the playoffs the last two years and lost in the second round on both occasions.

Big Sky Conference play will begin Oct. 5 on the road against the Idaho Vandals, who the Wildcats will take on for the first time since 1995. Other Big Sky road games include UC Davis (Oct. 26), Sacramento State (Nov. 2) and Montana (Nov. 16)

At home WSU will take on Big Sky opponents Southern Utah (Oct. 12), Northern Arizona (Oct. 19), North Dakota (Nov. 9) and Idaho State (Nov. 23).

The Barbara and Rory Youngberg Football Center, the Sark’s Boy’s Gateway, the Stomberg Strength and Conditioning Complex, the Marquardt-Kimball Plaza and the Behnken Plaza Complex is set to open on the north side of the stadium prior to the start of the 2019 season.

12-7 Maine vs WSU (Kelly Watkins) (1 of 10).JPG
(Kelly Watkins / The Signpost)