Student establishes "Prints Charming Photo Booths"

[media-credit name=”Lee Naylor” align=”alignright” width=”202″][/media-credit]Weber State University students continue to build businesses along the Wasatch Front. Lee Naylor is one of those students on campus with the entrepreneurial drive and has started a business with some remarkable momentum.

“Prints Charming Photo Booths has really taken off,” Naylor said.

The WSU senior, in his last year of the accounting program, has been representing WSU for the past few months with a brand-new photo booth business. He and his business partner out of Utah County have been busy since their first booking last February from Ogden to Provo. They accredit their beginning and success to their college experience.

“Weber State has been a whole new market for us,” Naylor said. “It is a great resource for expansion in gaining a network and methods. It’s been a starting platform for me, but now is a great stage to grow.”

Naylor explained the original goal of the new business was to replace the classic signature book at weddings with photos of wedding guests from the booth, printed instantly after being taken. He said this is a more intimate and personal way of remembering the day.

A busy study schedule can slow down most entrepreneurs, but Naylor said their experience and discipline attained on campus helped them expand to new venues. Now they have been booked on multiple campuses, providing their product to a variety of events.

“Besides a form of income, this has been a learning experience,” Naylor said. “My advice would be never give up, push yourself, set goals and surround yourself with great people.”

Naylor’s partner and friend from Brigham Young University, Chris Walker, also shared some of his experiences that he attributed to the success of their new business.

“The time commitment was immense, because this was all new to me,” Walker said. “But after research and tapping into resources nearby, we have been running flawlessly. . . . My college experience has assisted with growth, because it has taught me to endure through the hard stuff. When starting a business, it always comes with negatives. It sounds fun, and the potential to make good money, be your own boss and have your own business is very appealing, but keep in mind that starting up your own business requires you to play a lot of key roles.”

Jon White, a graduate of WSU in business administration, started his own lip-balm company called Unleashables. He currently owns and runs a private labeling and marketing business in Ogden, and works with Naylor.

“It’s very impressive to see such a young mind, and student at that, starting and managing such a fast-growing business plan,” White said. “I can see him (Naylor) and the business going very far.”

Naylor and Walker can also provide multiple decorations around their booths to accommodate occasions. Prints Charming Photo Booths can be contacted through Naylor at 801-682-0965 or at [email protected].